Live Guide & Salesforce
Live Guide offers you the possibility to keep track into Salesforce of the chats you have with your clients. It will create an activity into Salesforce for each selected chat. The customer will be linked by the first email address of the pre-chat form and the the operator will be associated with the activity.
Activating Salesforce Integration in Live Guide
- Go to the Administration console > Settings > Integrations.
- Open the Salesforce panel. If it is missing, contact your Account Manager and make sure you have the Salesforce integration activated.
- Click Connect to Salesforce in order to give Live Guide access to make changes in Salesforce.
- Set the categories for which a Salesforce activity is created. If empty, all calls will result in a new activity in Salesforce; if one or more is set, only calls having one of those categories will have an activity created in Salesforce.
- Create a form that has at least one email field.
- Set the previously created form as pre-chat form.
Account Connections Between Live Guide and Salesforce
Between Live Guide and Salesforce e-mails
- If the operator has the same email in Salesforce, then, in the activity for the chat, the operator is found in the Assigned to field.
- If the operator doesn’t have the same e-mail in Salesforce, the activity will be assigned to the account administrator who gave Live Guide permissions for Salesforce.
Between first email field from the pre-chat form and the contact in Salesforce
- If the address in the first email field from the pre-chat form is also found under a contact in Salesforce, then the activity will be marked as closed and assigned to that contact
- If the address in the first email field from the pre-chat form is not found in Salesforce, then the activity will be opened and not have any contacts assigned to it.
Removing the Link Between Live Guide and Salesforce
- In Salesforce, go to Setup > Administer > Manage Apps > Connected Apps OAuth Usage
- For Live Guide, click Block, then Unblock.
- Make a call that would normally create a Salesforce ticket.